Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Races

25 February 2007 - Bramley 10 mile race - last year 1:16m

25 March 2007 - Reading half-marathon - last year 1:44m

17 June 2007 - Wimbleball 70.3 - last year 6:19m

17 July 2007 - L'Etape du Tour - ?

19 August 2007 - Ironman UK - last year 13:36m
Calendar 11 - 2018

<  Nov, 2018   >
SuMoTuWeThFrSa

A new blog
Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:14 pm Tigger
I've decided to set myself up a new blog here.

So long and thanks for the fish.

A lift back home....
Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:16 pm Tigger
Some days I am good at maths, some days I am not. Today was not. Forecast said rain all morning sunshine in afternoon (forecast was actually right in the morning but wrong in the afternoon). I planned to do a four hour bike ride, leaving at 12:00 but things happened so left at 2pm. Trouble is it gets dark early. That's fine if I left at 12:00 but not leaving at 2pm with no lights (other than emergency LEDs). So, miles away from my house, I call my wife and ask her to pick me up in Kingsclere. You have no idea how expensive that will turn out to be!
Turbo, turbo, treadmill, pool
Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:08 pm Tigger
Ok. So I had a great Christmas and a good new year.

I've been doing well with my training the last two weeks. I've done all the sessions that I am supposed to have done, other than two rides that I cancelled because of 40mph winds and rain.

Saturday, I did a 1hr10m run - first 35mins felt easy and the rest needed a bit of concentration.

Sunday, I did a turbo session (2x 20m at 225W) - Some reason I just can't put the same power out on the turbo compared to the road - this felt ok

Monday, Another turbo session (2x15m at 230W) - the last bit of the second session felt quite hard

Tuesday, I've been swimming this morning. It was suposed to be a video session but the coach was ill. The replacement coach put quite a hard set down.

Tonight will be some intervals on the treadmill.

I've been thinking a lot about Epic Camp after having listened to Gordo and Scott on the Ironmantalk podcast. Obviously, I can't do something like that but I was thinking about turning my tri club's trip to Italy at the end of April into a mini-epic camp for me.

Still thinking about it but it would be "interesting" if I could do:

- 1,000km bike
- 5hrs run
- 5hrs swim

over the 9 days. Not sure though!

Wimbleball
Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:33 am Tigger
Went for a ride round the IMUK 70.3 course at Wimbleball yesterday. The hills are much steeper than I remembered! The ride was a recce with two friends.

Had to do it on the new bike as the left STI broke on the old one and haven't got the bit to fix it yet. New bike is supposed to have a compact but it felt very hard going up the hills compared with my triple.

First time I used the new bike and so I only realised when I got there that it wouldn't take two 750ml water bottles. I therefore got very thirsty and dehydrated on the last quarter of the ride.

I realised before I left that the bike pump doesn't fit so I took CO2 with me.

I blasted the hills on the southern part of the lap more than I should have done in a race but it was fun!

As we rode together, we slowed for each other and so it was not too fast (3hrs 53m) which is a lot slower than the race in June this year.

It wasn't me...
Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:12 am Tigger
... who broke my left STI lever! Apparently these things are not really fixable so I am going to buy a new one. Apparently they don't sell them by themselves either so I will have to buy a pair of them. Then I phoned a different LBS and they said that they could just order the gear/brake bit for one rather than the whole lot.

... who turned the thermostat of the pool down so that it was too cold for everyone to swim in. I got there at 8:00am only to leave a couple of minutes later. Still, it was the first proper day of the sales...

Going to Wimbleball in an hour or so to ride the 70.3 course and run one lap of the run. Meant to be quite warm today Very Happy

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next 

Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.