Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
All about simonM

simonM
Interests: lot's

Taper Time
Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:34 am simonM
The last 3 weeks have flown by. I managed to get all my high volume training in and am now in taper mode with the exception of a 125 mile club ride this saturday.

Did my final long run yesterday, did just over 19 mile in 2:29 paced it really well with the exception of the final 2 miles which were tough going. Today my legs are totally smashed and I'll need a few days rest & recovery, walking down stairs is very painful!

Looking forward to the outlaw, I had planned to race Bala middle but could not get the time off work, so I'll be doing the outlaw as my one and only triathlon of the season.

Our accomodation at the outlaw is up in the air a bit, I've booked a motorhome for the week, but am convinced it is going to fall through. I think i've been conned but only time will tell. I've booked a premier inn just incase the motor home falls through.

Next time I blog I'll be back in ironman retirement. It suits me only doing these events every so often, it keeps me hungry to do the training, if I were to do an IM every season I'd soon tire of the training as I'm sure my wife would as well.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:54 pm Slacko
Sounds like youíre in great shape and raring to go!

Know what you mean about only doing IM once in a while. This will be my last for some time as Iím just about burned out after 5 consecutive years of them (not to mention the Double!!).

Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:28 pm Poet
Not too sure the 19 mile run was paced "really well" if you were "smashed" the next day and need days of recovery? Good pace that though for 149 minutes of running. HAT Cool

Slacko's right, IM should be 3 years, rest a season, build a season, then again. So in a 5 year cycle.

Goto page 1, 2  Next 
Races 2012

12/06/2012 BALA MIDDLE
01/07/2012 OUTLAW
Monthly Totals

Not alot
weekly training

monday
Calendar 07 - 2018

<  Jul, 2018   >
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Last Forum Post