Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
All about felix

felix

Just keep going.
Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:20 pm felix
Well the snow has finally gone and to be honest I'm pretty pleased. My kids were sorry to see it go and were wishing for more time of school and I think my wife was 'gutted' to have to have time off work to look after them.

Training over the last couple of weeks has been pretty good although no cycling apart from on the turbo trainer. I had a close encounter with black ice on sunday morning and had my first cycling crash. Not too bad just a bruised but cheek and a few scratches on the bike. Hopefully no ice this weekend.

Feeling a bit anxious about the event at the moment and I guess that is just down to thinking about my lack of experience and the unknown that is 100mile+ cycling and marathon running. Just gotta keep the faith and trust that the training will get me to the end!!

Thinking about a new bike as mine is OK but I want something more dynamic for the summer and for the Outlaw. The eternal question is tri or road bike? Just not sure. Whatever I choose I'm thinking of building it myself over the next couple months. Spreads the cost!!

Thats all for now......Safe training avoid the black ice!!!

The first few steps have been taken
Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:09 pm felix
Well I am now enetered in the Outlaw. The enormity of the task ahead struck me immediately I paid the money and recieved my confirmation email. My good wife is a bit concerned that its going to kill me!!!! I have reassured her that it won't and explained how I intend to get to the start line in a fit state to not just make it to the end but to put in a performance that I can be proud of. She seems a lot happier, at the moment. I'll probably shatter that happiness when I start spending cash left right and centre on all the "necessary" kit and equipment.

Although entering this event is a personal challange that I want to do for just for me, I have decided that it would be a wasted opportunity if I didn't try and raise some cash for charity as well. I have chosen BLESMA as they do a terrific job of supporting our soldiers when they return from operations with some truely horrific and life changing injuries.

Training has been going well and so far since the new year have averaged 2 sessions a day. The snow is getting in the way a bit but thank-goodness for the Turbo trainer for Xmas. I haven't decided how to list my training on the blog yet but will likely be summarised once a week with totals listed in time and distance.

Training over Xmas holiday's""
Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:40 am felix
I'm sitting here at work not daring to open my Outlook inbox so I can, with complete ignorance, leave off a little bit early. The snow is falling and my wife just phoned from home to say that it's settling fast. I've just gotta get out of the office and start the journey home....here's hoping the boss the doesn't notice!!

I've been thinking about how to keep the training on target over the festive period and have decided to just not worry about it. Make a plan but don't be my usual grumpy self if I miss a session. Although I will have an excuse to put some serious turbo hours in as my wife , I hope, has got me a new trainer for Xmas!! Nothing like a new bit of kit to encourage some hard training, in fact my kids have got me some new goggles so theres another reason to bang in some extra swimming sessions!!

Athough my training has been ticking over for the last couple of months with a few 1hr runs, some swimming and a bit of cycling, I guess like a lot of 'Outlaw's' the serious training begins in earnest in the new year. Still to sign on the dotted line for the Outlaw but will be doing so on the 22nd Dec.

To all on TriTalk, Have a very Merry Christmas and a New Year full of commited training to reach those triathlon goals!!!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next 

Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.