Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
All about owenb

owenb

So what's happened!
Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:58 pm owenb
It's been 6 months since my last confession and to be honest until December I don't think I've done much.
But 2012 has given me a new year to chase those seemingly elusive targets for me which mainly deal with my health and fitness.

I started back in the gym in December aiming primarily to ease up my swim fitness and to do a bit of running on the treadmills and I've been getting out with my stepson William on the bike 3 times a week for about an hour at a time.
I'm actually feeling relatively fit, the treadmill running seems to have enabled me to run with a little more cushioning and I'm up to trotting through a slow 5k at a time and as of today I've managed my first ever continous 1500m swim in the grand old time of 33:15 I have no idea whether that's reasonable or not but I'm sat at my desk with tight shoulders and feeling knackered so I don't really care.

Also I've joined a running club, the kids are part of their junior section and are doing brilliantly and a few of the other parents have been trying to encourage me to join in on their sessions.
Well last night after seeing they had soem starter sessions for the next 6 weeks I decided the time was right and went down, I felt like a bit of a tool stood in a room full of sinewy little runners when I'm built like a barge but they were all really helpful and friendly and I'm already looking forwards to next weeks session and perhaps joining in on some of their social runs in time.

Cycling really takes care of itself for me but as of next week I've decided to commute by bike at least 2 days a week so that should increase my road mileage.

So for this year I've got two tri's on the radar, both are the ones I couldn't do last year due to injuries so I've got a couple of scores to settle and I intend to do just that!

Smile

Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.