Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk

Ow that hurt
Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:35 pm racheledale@gmail.com
So, I plucked up courage to join the local Swiss tri club.

Daunted by the fact they are without exception very fit & Swiss speaking & 95% men. I was asked to join them on a swim session. My heart sank, I am still taking beginner learn to Crawl lessons & this lot pound up & down the pool. But I figured you have to put yourself in uncomfortable situations if you have any chance of doing an Iron man.

So.. 2 master swim sessions, survived .. Just ! main focus was not to throw up in the pool. It was the most physically exhausting thing ever. Swimming in a pack with people on your tail is just so tough.

Then I was invited to the run session. No problem I thought, running is my strength. However this turned out to be a 10 mile interval session, with alternating flat out sprints then recovery. How come the Swiss do everything so well ? Again the focus was not throwing up ! . Just when I was running back, BANG.. I hit the floor. tripped over a curb stone & took the skin off my knee & twisted my ankle. Firstly the humiliation of being on the floor, speaking no German & being driven home, and now .. the swollen ankle.

Well, I guess its more swimming & biking & off running for a while.

I think staying the training with the Swiss tri club will be more of an endurance event than the IM. !

Rachel.

Iron mum
Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:54 pm racheledale@gmail.com
OK, 6 months to my first Iron man. Zurich July 15th. I have to transform myself from a Swiss Haus Frau to an athlete of sorts.

Not exactly a triathlete yet, but I am working on it. I am a mum of 3 boys & I need a mission, a reason for them to be proud & realise you can do anything you want if you work hard.

So I guess the hard work is starting. I am doing 10 hours a week, mostly indoors as it is *** Freezing in Zurich right now.

I have some great friends, a shiny new bike, a set of swimming lesson & one thing in my favour.. I can run !

So here goes.

Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.