Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk

The year so far
Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:29 am NickF
So I decided to start a blog in case anyone out there, for whatever reason, wants to know what I'm doing triathlon-wise (although I can't for the life of me think why).

Anyway, the season so far has been a bit up and down, and can be summed up as follows:

Swimming: I made good progress this year, going from a 7min 400m swimmer to a 6:38 PB in April or so. Since then, volume has dropped off a bit but after a good session last night, it seems like I haven't lost anything. The aim is to go sub 25min for 1500m in my 'A' race this year (Hamburg Olympic, 22nd July), so with some hard work in the next few weeks I might just make it.

Biking: Biking has seen the biggest improvement, mainly due to an increase in mileage - particularly in April I put a lot of miles in on the bike and am now reaping the rewards. On a 28km test route I do monthly, I've gone from 32km/h to nearly 36km/h since the start of the year. My aim is to eventually get sub-1hr for an Oly bike leg, but maybe not this year. From now until the race in Hamburg, I'll be aiming to put in 3 or 4 rides per week, with a good focus on intensity.

Running: Ouch. The season went from very good, with a 4th place finish in a 15.4km race in March (56:XX) to very bad, with a persistent ITB injury which has essentially stopped me from running more than a few km each week. Now I'm slowly regaining my running form, but its a long uphill battle - I'm probably not even in sub-20min 5km form right now, where before I was easily in sub-18 form, and targeting sub-17 for later in the season.

So thats briefly how the land lies at the moment - I have a sprint race this saturday and will be reporting back with some more detailed analysis of my current form after that!

Cheers

Nick

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:22 am hammerer
Welcome to Blogland Nick. sub 25 is more than on for you. Hope the runnign picks up. you're still quicker than me Wink

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:01 pm Sue
yep quicker running then me as well Wink
welcome to blogland Nick
do you stretch ITB?
---and we read since we are nosey Very Happy

Goto page 1, 2  Next 

Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.