Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Anglesey Sandman Triathlon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
benjipeg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha it was epic!
really enjoyed the swim and finished well in the middle of the group - which is good for me, took my wetsuit of at the trainers transition and passed 20 or so people on the run back to transition

bike was hard, cold, wet and super windy - i put a gilet on in T1 an was glad i did, wind was so strong in some places that i was in granny gear on the flat on the way to rhosneigr doing 9mph lol, it was a bit sketchy running 50mm front and a full disc but my fat arse kept it pinned down

run was hard - left T2 with another guy but i could not keep his pace and then 2 more went past me - just before the water station i saw a mate behind and pretty much resigned myself to him passing me as he`s pretty much 5mins quicker over 10k, but on the downhil section to the big sand dune i was keeping my gap and did so until the finish!

super happy with my 12th overall in them conditions and the free socks are really nice - a good day out!
Shaun.OKeefe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Epic! Swim was so fun, bike brutal but was 34th so a good split but lost a few places on the run.
http://shaun-okeefe.blogspot.co.uk
CONMAN

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes a great race. Hated every bit of the swim.Ive never swam in conditions like that and i think i was last out of the water.
wipped my wet suit off on the beach. Passed a load of people on the run to transition.
Just my tri suit for the bike. Was a bit worried that would be cold. But once i got going i was fine. My tt bike is off the road and i was gutted for the first 10 miles as thats a fast course. But as it went on i was pleased with being on th road bike, Very twitchy with the 80 60s on. 32nd on the bike.
Run went well passing people and feeling strong. Felt someone on my shoulder at 3 mile and a young lad passed me, Dosnt happen that often and was tempted to try to hang on to him. But for once common sence set in. Just as well as was getting tired and it was all i could do to keep it steady. 11th on the run for a 34th overall 3rd age group.
Think its tim for me to learn to swim Smile
JeffB

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old thread, just signed up for this for 2017. Hope to be able to get the running going enough to get round, could be a run\walk if required.

Looking forward to it.

Jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: