Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Ironman Wales 2018 - 9th September
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hammerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SGreg wrote:
Yeah Kiln park was OK, it was just a tad too far but I would stay there again, IF I couldn't get somewhere in town. It's not a bad solution there are just better.

Having commuting bikes seems a perfect solution however Cool

And any criticism of Kiln park is only as an ironman base, it was a lovely place to stay and out caravan was very well appointed! It was just that walk got draggy after a few go's which wasn't ideal the day before an Ironman.

yes our van was very nice, the pool was great for my son and obviously the arcade and other things to do. I'm flying solo next year so just picked the easiest option.
FatPom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:
SGreg wrote:
Yeah Kiln park was OK, it was just a tad too far but I would stay there again, IF I couldn't get somewhere in town. It's not a bad solution there are just better.

And any criticism of Kiln park is only as an ironman base, it was a lovely place to stay and out caravan was very well appointed! It was just that walk got draggy after a few go's which wasn't ideal the day before an Ironman.

yes our van was very nice, the pool was great for my son and obviously the arcade and other things to do. I'm flying solo next year so just picked the easiest option.

Not sure which room you've booked but if you want to save some money, at LCW I booked the single room (non sea view). They say it's very tight to get a bike in but honestly, I found it fine . (just move the armchair under the coffee making shelf Wink ). It was 115 pn and very quiet.

I really rate The Atlantic. Rhia and Diana in Reception are awesome and 'Mr Wright' the manager of the kitchen, really goes above and beyond. Smile
hammerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:
hammerer wrote:
SGreg wrote:

Not sure which room you've booked but if you want to save some money, at LCW I booked the single room (non sea view). They say it's very tight to get a bike in but honestly, I found it fine . (just move the armchair under the coffee making shelf Wink ). It was 115 pn and very quiet.

I really rate The Atlantic. Rhia and Diana in Reception are awesome and 'Mr Wright' the manager of the kitchen, really goes above and beyond. Smile

yep single non sea view! She said it was 110 this year for IM weekend so next year will be a bit more. Seemed a perfect location
Ian A

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiln Park is doable with a hack bike to take off the walking strain. Stayed there this year to support and the kids did iron kids. The walk to Tenny and back definitely built up over the weekend.
FatPom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:
FatPom wrote:
hammerer wrote:
SGreg wrote:

yep single non sea view! She said it was 110 this year for IM weekend so next year will be a bit more. Seemed a perfect location

Good man. Maybe my rate was 105 Confused I know it was over a hundred and there was a 5 in there somewhere. Very Happy

You'll be amazed how much less you are on your feet. I was at The Fourcroft two years ago . (in front of swim start) and the difference was night and day)
Sopworth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want to race this but I may have to leave it late to buy my number. Did IM Wales sell out this year?
Also, if I book late - say July or even August time - has anyone had issues getting camping places at such a late stage? Random question I know, but you never know.
TIA
S
WhittleFit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sopworth wrote:
I really want to race this but I may have to leave it late to buy my number. Did IM Wales sell out this year?

No, didn't sell out. In fact, 8 people signed up on the Friday before Sunday's race!
FatPom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhittleFit wrote:
Sopworth wrote:

No, didn't sell out. In fact, 8 people signed up on the Friday before Sunday's race!

and 800 wished they hadn't signed up at all. Very Happy
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In!!

Kiln Park booked.

is it too early to start checking the long range weather forecast....Wink
SGreg

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is a hurricane on the way, hopefully that should have cleared by the race!
Doca

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm entered in & stopping at the Esplanade near the finish line. Will by my A race next year. Also doing the LCW again for a warm up.
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doca wrote:
I'm entered in & stopping at the Esplanade near the finish line. Will by my A race next year. Also doing the LCW again for a warm up.

Smile After our Italy results glad you are in different AG....also doing LCW.
SwimsLikeAWalrus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:
WhittleFit wrote:
Sopworth wrote:

and 800 wished they hadn't signed up at all. Very Happy

Brilliant comment.... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: