Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Best Places to Holiday in the UK
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad Mike wrote:
During the summer my teenage Daughter is attending a performing arts holiday programme at university of surrey in Guildford. As a family we are looking to stay in a cottage or similar for 7 days in a village on the outskirts of town. Does anybody know the area? It certainly looks to have great running trails Very Happy . Thank you

Shame she's not at the University of Torridon (made up name Wink ) but you could head up there for a few days; how long are you over for?
Mad Mike

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Old Nick. Looks like a good call.

Jorgan - Torridon in Scotland!? Thats closer to my home town Liverpool than it is to Surrey. My daughters course is a week long and is 9 - 5. So the wife and I will be planning day trips around the area. There looks like a lot great pubs in the area Very Happy
GrahamO

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're also close to the Surrey Hills there, the Hogsback and a nice range of up and down if you take your bike Very Happy
BigFoz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't imagine anything worse than holidaying in the UK. We only holiday here to visit family, otherwise we go somewhere warmer, drier, and less up it's own *rse. Generally holiday facilities in the UK are rubbish, crap beaches, crap sea, crap holiday resorts, crap campsites, crap hotels. Other than that it's ok I suppose.
Jan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigFoz wrote:
Can't imagine anything worse than holidaying in the UK. We only holiday here to visit family, otherwise we go somewhere warmer, drier, and less up it's own *rse. Generally holiday facilities in the UK are rubbish, crap beaches, crap sea, crap holiday resorts, crap campsites, crap hotels. Other than that it's ok I suppose.

Don't know where you've been going then? Quite clearly you haven't discovered the best places Confused
Jan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobbie wrote:
The wonderful thing about the UK is that there is so much diversity in such a compact area.
Since Cobblette was born, we've taken to visiting places that were previously gaps in our map of the UK - North Yorks moors stand out as somewhere that had previously escaped my attention.

Northumberland has been mentioned and is one of my favourite places and very quiet for the most part.
Pembrokeshire, North Devon, Powys & most of Scotland are all pretty quiet really and all have amazing places to visit Smile

I agree the UK is stunning in places and diverse. Holidays in the UK aren't about lying on a beach & getting a tan. OK I love those holidays too and we always have to have at least 1 week a year usually towards the end of the year when winter is approaching or at this time of the year when we need some warmth. Recently though we have made an effort to visit places in the UK we have never been to. OK you cannot guarantee sunshine but if you like getting out & about seeing new places, walking, running, & seeing the sights you can have a great holiday . We have done North Yorkshire Moors, Yorkshire Dales, Forest of Bowland, Lake District, Pembrokeshire and more. This year we are going to North Norfolk. Still to do the North East coast and I have never been to Scotland! You can find some really nice cottages or apartments if you go out of school holiday time too. And of course if you can find a run, parkrun or maybe a triathlon there that's a bonus Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: