Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Immortal Wimbleball
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of my Wimbleballs were very 'fresh' in mid June, I think anything May could be challenging...

The Stourhead idea would be excellent I think - you have to be there for a 'weekend' to race on the Sunday so events on the Saturday would be a bonus, especially as a lot of the field will be 'training' for full distance at that time of year.

Even better if 'single event' options, Tenby Long Course Weekend style, were available.
judojody

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:

Even better if 'single event' options, Tenby Long Course Weekend style, were available.

Funny you should say that, we have a the Immortal Weekender at Roadford Lake later in the year http://www.immortalsport.com/events/immortal-weekender-roadford/ pick and mix type of event where you can change distances throughout the weekend.

Again a new event for us but something we thing might fit nicely for those doing a full distance event in September.

Cheers,

Jody
kennyOX2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if we can get in the lake for a practice swim on Friday or Saturday?

Hoping to get there on Friday afternoon, settle in and enjoy the weekend.

Thanks,

K
judojody

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kennyOX2 wrote:
Does anyone know if we can get in the lake for a practice swim on Friday or Saturday?

Hoping to get there on Friday afternoon, settle in and enjoy the weekend.

Thanks,

K

We are trying to negotiate a practice swim on Saturday but Iím not too hopeful.

Iíll keep you up to date.

All the best,

Jody
lutterworth1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having had a quick look at the race pack am I right in assuming that the cycle and run are exactly the same as previous races at Wimbleball?
kennyOX2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Jody. Keep us all posted re the swim. Please do push them on the swim practice - I'm sure it will be a popular option.

Despite the reduce entry numbers is there still an expo planned with the usual range of sellers - bike spares, nutrition and a few bits of kit etc?

pL
judojody

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lutterworth1 wrote:
Having had a quick look at the race pack am I right in assuming that the cycle and run are exactly the same as previous races at Wimbleball?

The run route remains the same. The bike route has been amended slightly.

Thanks

Jody
judojody

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kennyOX2 wrote:
Thank you Jody. Keep us all posted re the swim. Please do push them on the swim practice - I'm sure it will be a popular option.

Despite the reduce entry numbers is there still an expo planned with the usual range of sellers - bike spares, nutrition and a few bits of kit etc?

pL

No Expo planned Iím afraid, we just donít have the same capacity or following by manufacturers of IM.

Thanks

Jody
kennyOX2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news on the Saturday swim Jody?
judojody

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kennyOX2 wrote:
Any news on the Saturday swim Jody?

Nothing positive I am afraid.

Cheers,

Jody
kennyOX2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Work on it Jody... haha... I want to dive into the freezing lake not just on race morning...

Getting excited about the event now... forecast looks good too. All we need now is a few of the hills on the bike to flatten out...
kennyOX2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done to Steve, Jody and the Immortal Team (including the volunteer army) who staged a great event yesterday. Exmoor 70.3 is always going to be tough and there's a reason why UK Ironman Exmoor 70.3 had such a reputation as being up there with the toughest. The course is much the same and the heat yesterday was brutal. However, I think the location and site set up lends itself more to a smaller brand than the Ironman fanfare and Immortal pulled off yesterday and the event as a whole just brilliantly!

Personally I loved it and my family did too. I do think a practice swim would go down well and that will require some persuasion with the site hosts but failing that - hats off, great!

Prior to my specific race/athletic recovery is the need to buy some aftersun and cool down my blazing shoulders and arms having been pickled by the sun. I'm just glad I went reasonably quick so I wasn't out there too long.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kennyOX2 wrote:

Prior to my specific race/athletic recovery is the need to buy some aftersun and cool down my blazing shoulders and arms having been pickled by the sun. I'm just glad I went reasonably quick so I wasn't out there too long.

Glad it all went well for the inaugural year! You need a sleeved trisuit Wink
kennyOX2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgen - no way, I love the vest like tan lines!!
judojody

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kennyOX2 wrote:
Well done to Steve, Jody and the Immortal Team (including the volunteer army) who staged a great event yesterday. Exmoor 70.3 is always going to be tough and there's a reason why UK Ironman Exmoor 70.3 had such a reputation as being up there with the toughest. The course is much the same and the heat yesterday was brutal. However, I think the location and site set up lends itself more to a smaller brand than the Ironman fanfare and Immortal pulled off yesterday and the event as a whole just brilliantly!

Personally I loved it and my family did too. I do think a practice swim would go down well and that will require some persuasion with the site hosts but failing that - hats off, great!

Thanks very much for the comments. A massive thanks from all of us at Immortal Sport to the volunteers, athletes and families who made our first event at Wimbleball so special. We hope to be back next year to create a weekend of sport for the whole family.

I am also keen on getting a practice swim in place so fingers crossed.

Cheers,

Jody
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: