Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Pioneering Study: Ketone Supplementation and Science

View previous topic :: View next topic  
h.brittLBU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject: Pioneering Study: Ketone Supplementation and Science Reply with quote

Want the chance to help give back to the triathlon community?
At Leeds Beckett University we are conducting an experiment looking into exogenous ketone supplementation (which you might have heard about from the 7 Tour de France teams proposed to use them this past year). We are hoping to drive forward the industry and think we might be onto something very special and potentially a big break in Endurance performance!

-3 visits to our labs
-Vo2max testing (and other sub maximal information available if requested)
-Ascertain if this works for you in a safe and clinical way
- Knowing you are part of a potentially revolution in triathlon performance

* you must*
-male
-currently training consistently and hard!
-18-35

Any inquiries please respond to this message and we can sort it out! This really is a wonderful opportunity to push yourself that step further.

Harry Britt; MSc Student
Pedro Peru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Local to me, but I'm too old.

I wonder if any other of the TdF performance aids would be available?
Jorgan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pedro Peru wrote:

Do you know any Spanish doctors, or a guy down the gym who can get you some stuff?

Failing that, I have some spare Jiffy Bags; I could just post you some hydrocortisone cream and a puffer?
FatPom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Pioneering Study: Ketone Supplementation and Science Reply with quote

h.brittLBU wrote:
Want the chance to help give back to the triathlon community?
At Leeds Beckett University we are conducting an experiment looking into exogenous ketone supplementation (which you might have heard about from the 7 Tour de France teams proposed to use them this past year). We are hoping to drive forward the industry and think we might be onto something very special and potentially a big break in Endurance performance!

-3 visits to our labs
-Vo2max testing (and other sub maximal information available if requested)
-Ascertain if this works for you in a safe and clinical way
- Knowing you are part of a potentially revolution in triathlon performance

* you must*
-male
-currently training consistently and hard!
-18-35

Any inquiries please respond to this message and we can sort it out! This really is a wonderful opportunity to push yourself that step further.

Harry Britt; MSc Student

We are the triathlon community. We give back every day by participation in meaningful and helpful (mostly Wink ) discourse on this site.

What exactly are you doing, except using the established tri community on here to spruik your research sponsor's product?
hammerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the product was any good I can assure you the only proper university in Leeds would already have it for the elite triathletes on their program.
Pedro Peru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:
If the product was any good I can assure you the only proper university in Leeds would already have it for the elite triathletes on their program.

You're right about the Uni's (not that I'm biased) but in fairness the eiltes do use Headingley (formerly Beckett park) campus facilities. The Brownlee Centre is on Leeds Uni sports fields though.
Pedro Peru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Pedro Peru wrote:

Do you know any Spanish doctors, or a guy down the gym who can get you some stuff?

Failing that, I have some spare Jiffy Bags; I could just post you some hydrocortisone cream and a puffer?

I do know a forgetful British doctor and a Dutch doctor who are both at a loose end right now.
Whisk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of whether it's "natural" or legal, it seems a bit odd to be pushing performance-enhancing supplements on amateur athletes. There are so many other things that most of us can do to improve our performance before we reach wonder supplements as the last marginal gain to make.
Pedro Peru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fairness, I don't think they want to push a supplement on anybody but want bodies for their study. The more sujects that fit the desire profile the better for the researchers outcomes. If you get a reliable VO2 max and sub max values like aerobic hreshold, etc. then it's a positive. I'm sure they'll get a few LBT and Wafefield tri members along.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: