Where are they now?

Who remembers this at Tough Guy in Wolverhampton?

1 Like

Tough Guy 1
Tough Guy 2

3 Likes

you ain’t aged a day Mike :wink:

who’s that young blonde whippersnapper. He looks like he may be fast one day lol

Is that @ed_m as well in there and maybe Sue?

3 Likes

Yep think your right . The guy holding the sign I think is Ray.

2 Likes

I was on the opposing Rimmers World team

4 Likes

Thanks @Hammerer - I wish​:joy::joy: and I wish I could still run as fast and far​:slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

I believe it is…

1 Like

I assume that all got custodial sentences…

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

:rofl: yes, but we all escaped and ran away :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Literally, Escape from Alcatraz tri :rofl:

2 Likes

I did TG in 2005 but didn’t join TT until the summer that year so not in the photo.

Of people I’ve met, there’s:
Daz
Sue
Ray
ed_m
I think one might be Brian of Bozeat?

The first time I met Daz was on a rope above a large cold lake on TG2006. He apologised for holding me up.

I’ll look for some photos tomorrow

3 Likes

I will admit I miss Tough Guy.

I think it’s Bruiser on the very left of the second photo and (possibly) Big Bopper, centre top (in black).

The photos of me and Daz on the rope will have been lost in the TT1.0 meltdown, I can’t find a copy.

a hot air balloonist…design his own…

not in the photo above…

1 Like

Great days. Enjoyed the events, and the drinks in London.
I was having a read of the wikipedia page the other day. A few deaths, lots of injuries, pneumonia. I hated jumping in the freezing cold water. Didnt mind the flaming hay bails and being electrocuted…but I HATE the cold lol

7 Likes

Some of our best days Daz - I loved the cold water- for obvious reasons and remember the option of swimming under the bridge for a piece of string?
The meet ups in London were legendary :joy::joy:

5 Likes

Done it once. Foul.

The highlight was wading through a river, reaching down and feeling something fleshy.

Called out to the Marshall that there might be someone in here…

…. He replied not to worry. It was just a dead cow.

:face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

10 Likes

did it twice - had to go back again to see how frigging mad I was to do it once! Took Mrs FB on the return trip to do it - she was not best pleased but still did it.

4 Likes

:wave: '98 & '99.

3 Likes

Four time finisher myself … 2002, 2005, 2006 & 2007.

Came about 50th the final two years (exact placings were never all that accurate), I think the race results I’m most satisfied with overall.

5 Likes